Nashik Rivers’ Bulletin at Reconnecting with Godavari will give you regular updates about river management, opinions, and activities related to rivers in Nashik.
- Tree plantation for conservation of rivers in the Nashik District
- Integration of Godavari in the Nashik’s development
- Mixing of sewage water into Godavari is becoming a peril for downstream villages
- Need of proper waste management in order to avoid pollution of groundwater.
- Gangapur Boat club, a wasted and ecologically destructive infrastructure.
Tree plantation is a welcome step for the conservation of the rivers, but there should be a proper guideline for plantation which will highlight the types of trees to be planted as per the river ecology.
Removal encroachment in the riverbed is acceptable. In addition to this, proper mapping of flood lines and river zone regulations should be formulated and implemented strictly.
Integration of Godavari in the Nashik’s development. This should not lead to over-exploitation of the rivers.
Mixing of sewage water into Godavari is becoming a peril for downstream villages. In short, by ignoring this NMC is endangering the lives many living in these villages.
Need of proper waste management in order to avoid pollution of groundwater.
Management of Nirmalya is a big task, let us hope the priest community will effectively work for this.
All the downstream villages should come together to pressurize the NMC to efficiently treat the sewage water, that is mixing into the river and reaching these villages.
Gangapur Boat club, a wasted and ecologically destructive infrastructure.